Labels

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Unforgettable moments : A day without you, still close to you!

Even when you're not there, I feel your fingers clutched with mine! Image Courtesy : Google Images

I can't remember the last time I spent some quality time with her. Even though I did meet her for a couple of minutes some days back, but that doesn't count. Does it? It doesn't, especially when any amount of time spent with that one special person seems very less. When I last met her, I wanted to talk more. I wanted to tell her how much I missed her and even though she would never feel the way I feel for her, she means the world to me. But then again, the same thing happened. Every time I see her, I somehow lose my power to say anything. Blame it on the twinkle in her eye; I’m just too dumbstruck when around her. We talked a little bit and then I drove back home. I thought of her when I reached home, till I could  keep my eyes open and again I dreamt of her when I was sleeping. I had a tiring week but the dream made the difference. When I woke up in the morning, for some unknown reason I had a smile on my face. I took my cell phone, saw her picture and smiled to myself again. And the day just started to seem far better than the other odd days.


That day I wrapped up my work at the office a little early. With monsoons hitting it out finally, the air was just too romantic and I missed her every minute. I wanted to meet her, but knew she would not be able to meet. I dropped the idea of calling her and decided to go back home. As I drove my bike, it started to rain. As the tiny drops of water touched me, it was like God was infusing in me more and more love for her. There’s one amazing thing about rain – It makes you happy and very often reminds you of a person who makes you happy. I kept driving and even though I couldn’t meet her, I wanted to think about her. I wanted to  her to be on my mind all the time. It gave me butterflies every time and I simply loved the feeling.

Getting all wet in the rain, I went to a nearby lake. The usually crowded place was deserted a little bit. All I could see was some couples taking shelter and trying to save themselves from getting wet. I saw a guy taking off his jacket and putting it over his girl’s head to save her from the rain. The girl giggled and looked in his eyes. Her eyes said it all, ‘I love you so much!’ God, I so wanted to live that moment with the girl I love so much! As I sat there, getting wet in the rain; a couple drove past me. The girl on the back seat spread her arms, looked in the sky as the rain kissed her. The guy kept driving watching her in the mirror and occasionally tried to scare her by driving a little rashly just to make the girl hold him very tight. It was a picture perfect moment, a moment every body in love deserves. I imagined if it was with me. Man, I would just fall in love with her all over again, watching her enjoying the rain like this and having that serene joy on her face. She would look adorable, just as my dream was taking shape; it was broken by a realization. She hates it when it rains! I couldn’t never understand why, but yeah if it would have been in my hands, I would have stopped the rain once it for all just because she hates it!

I went back to the office as I wanted to pick up some stuff. Just when I collected all of it and was about to leave, I stopped. There was a photo we had together. I felt a sudden urge to see it. It was our first snap. I didn’t know her that well then (well, that didn’t change the fact that I was in love with her the second I saw her). I went to my terminal and clicked on the image. What a fine day it was! Some of my close friends and well wishers (Well wishers – Those who knew that I had bitter experiences in the past when it came to love) told me not to talk much to her and let her feel that I don’t give a damn to anything and I just don’t care and that I live on my terms. I nodded in agreement and yet whenever I was with her, I did the exact opposite thing like a puppy struck in love. I gave her all the attention, it came from my heart. Of some more snaps we have, that snap is my favorite! I saw it again and again and still the greed to see it again lasted. She didn’t know my feelings back then and that makes it all the more amazing!

As I left office, I plugged in my ear phones and started to drive back home. The song, ‘Nothing’s gonna change my love for you’ was on loop and it did exactly what I wanted, made me smile and took me more close to her, made me fall more in love with her. As I reached home, I sat with my mother. My mum was watching a sitcom, which apparently she would talk about a lot. I hated it, I still do but I sat to watch it, because it’s her favorite. I remembered how she would talk about it; she thought I was listening to her while I just needed a reason to look in her eyes. After the sitcom was over, I had my food and left for my friend’s place. I bored him to death by talking about her. I told him, how much I cared for her and how much I love when I lose the war of words with her. He kept listening, he’s a good friend and he knew this day would come. It was typical me in love. As I settled down on the bed, I looked back at the day. She really wasn’t with me, but in a way she was; in every moment of the day.

The next morning when I woke up, I realized I dreamt of her again and I thought, ‘Oh boy! It’s going to be a great day again!’

Sometimes you really don’t need to be around the person to be in love, just the memories and the dreams are enough!

Stay blessed and be in love! :)

5 comments:

Mahima Kohli said...

:(

Pooja Jaiswal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pooja Jaiswal said...

Hats off Amar !! Whenever I read your blogs, I have a curve on my lips :) The expression is so heart touching that it rejuvenates the feelings. Love is surely in the air man. Keep writing. God bless !!

Amar Ashok Jajoo said...

Mahi - I couldn't help it! :(

Pooja - Thank you so so much Pooja! Love is always in the air, you just need the right heart to understand that! :) Thanks for reading and keep doing it! :)

Anonymous said...

For a moment there I fel that I was reading my own diary page .Thank you for writing this.Stay blessed and be in love...:)